Monday, June 12, 2006

Out with the old, in with the new.

I've decided to frog my scarf.

A painful decision, but the more I worked on it, the more I disliked how it was turning out. It was too wide and I didn't like the stitch I used. On the bright side, though, I started a new one! Yay me! This one is ribbed instead of plain old stockinette stitch, and looks much better. It's a solid color, like a moss green, which I love. I'm about 1/4 done now, and I like this one soooo much better! Feel free to rejoice with me.

My family is shocked and stunned that I enjoy knitting so much, because it's completely unlike me. But, here I am! Still buying more yarn and more needles and more...stuff. I bought circular needles the other day so I can make socks out of this really cool multicolor yarn I bought. Can't wait to get started on that!

Oh! And I actually have a knitting basket now! My mother bought it at a garage sale, and it's pretty cool looking. Especially with all my yarn and my needles sitting in it! ;) I feel like a "real" knitter now. Kinda. Okay, maybe not so much. I am young and have much to learn before I become a true Jedi-Knitter...

1 Comments:

At Fri Jun 23, 02:10:00 PM PDT, Blogger JustApril said...

I thought I already commented on this. I know I read it, I must have been totally out of it at the time. Sorry about your scarf, the next one will be better, though.
OK for Socks:
I guess the next time you are at the place you buy yarn, look for either 24" or 36" circular needles in sizes 1 and 2. Let me know when you get them and I'll help you with the next parts =)OH, you'll need fingering weight yarn or sock yarn if you can find it, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home