Monday, April 03, 2006

One of the weirdest things

Does anyone else think it's strange to run into old classmates that you haven't seen since you graduated high school? For me, it's both unavoidable and unexpected. There were about 100 of us in my graduating class, and we live in a town with a population of under 1,000. Everybody knows everybody; it's almost like Mayberry. In a strange twisted kind of way, at least.

Yet, whenever I run into anyone I knew from school, it's always a surprise. And it seems they're always surprised to see me, too. I don't really keep in contact with anyone from school, despite the fact that about 75% of the kids I graduated with I've known since kindergarten. (BTW, the word 'kindergarten' means 'child garden' in German. In case you didn't know. This is one of the few things I got out of the two years of German I took in school. Just thought I'd share a random thought. Again.)

What's my point? Do I have a point? Not really. It's just that I ran into a classmate today at work, and it was strange. Then again, most of the things that go through my mind ARE on the strange side. Which you know if you've been reading my blog for any amount of time.

I am not to be trusted with sanity. You have been warned. Hahahahahaha - ahem.

On an entirely different note, I have to say that blogging with my family certainly cheers me up immensely! It's such a comfort to know that none of us are truly sane! :) *hugs* Love you guys!

6 Comments:

At Tue Apr 04, 05:37:00 AM PDT, Blogger JustApril said...

((((hugs)))) to you too, cuz =)

As you know, the town we are from is considerably smaller, 420 - 500 my LARGE for Avery grad class was like 27 lol! So it never shocked me to run into ppl I knew.

Here tho, my hubby and his bro grew up here. The town isn't that big, and it used to puzzle me, that as we were out in service, my (future at that time) B-I-L used to say, "HEY, I think I know that guy" so I would say, "I'm sure you know most of these people...." It never ceased to surprise me that he was surprised. ;p

 
At Tue Apr 04, 05:40:00 AM PDT, Blogger JustApril said...

Oh, I should have mentioned, Ben saw the title of your blog and said, "Momma! It's Star Wars, I promise, it really is." then he started whispering under his breath, "Come to the Dark Side..." he's already twisted. lol

 
At Wed Apr 05, 12:04:00 PM PDT, Blogger Heidi said...

http://xc2.xanga.com/aced1a7225c3145320546/b14950035.gif

(This icone works better)
& yeah I hate that, I practicly hide from anyone and everyone I know.......especially at like Kroger or something....I hate that!!!

 
At Wed Apr 05, 12:05:00 PM PDT, Blogger Heidi said...

http://xc2.xanga.com/aced1a7225c314

5320546/b14950035.gif

Sooorry, It won't all fit in a row.......so see if this one works better.

 
At Wed Apr 05, 09:25:00 PM PDT, Blogger Tiflissa said...

*cackles wildly* Ahem. Glad me to influence young Jedi. Okay. That was a terrible Yoda impression. And Yoda wasn't on the Dark Side, anyway. But I can just see Ben whispering that! Cute! And...the insanity spreads! Hm. Maybe it's genetic? =)

 
At Wed Apr 05, 09:28:00 PM PDT, Blogger Tiflissa said...

Oh, and Mica, I know exactly what you mean! In this case I actually had to *shudder* converse with my (former) classmate. It's not that he's gross or anything, he's actually very nice, but...it's me...go figure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home