Saturday, March 18, 2006

Awakenings

I am *not* a morning person. Anyone who's spent any amount of time with me will know this. You know the phrase "mind over mattress"? (If anyone's had Bro. Campagna for a C.O., they'll recognize this!) Yeah, it doesn't work out so well for me. So, when Dad asks me - in my sleep induced haze - if I want to get up for service, I shake my head no. Yes. I am a wuss.

9:30 rolls around, and I'm awoken by the oddest sounds coming from the kitchen. Now, I know I'm the only one left in the house, and I know my cat isn't *that* smart to be making me breakfast. Then, I hear voices.

I panic, since I'm gracefully drooling on the living room futon and (obviously) haven't showered. The next thing I know, there's a highchair sitting in the kitchen, accompanied by my mother and friend Denise - who's just as crazy as I am.

That's not entirely true. She's crazier. Anyway, she looks at my dishevelled state and bleary eyes and immediately kidnaps me. She's very good at this, and has perfected this particular art over our years of pioneering together. ("Coffee?" "Okay!" "Get in the car.") She's also the only woman I know who has hit an owl with her van on the way to meeting.

The mockage from that one incident was enough to last a lifetime. Or, in our case, a week.

I have the strangest friends....

5 Comments:

At Sat Mar 18, 05:56:00 PM PST, Blogger JustApril said...

Purty good cuz! LOL I like the gracefully drooling bit PA HA HA HAAAA! (oops I spit!) I'll have Mica make you a button and we'll link ya, ok?

Hasta la pasta, baby!

 
At Sat Mar 18, 08:20:00 PM PST, Blogger Tiflissa said...

Aw, thanks, cuz! Sounds cool. As soon as I figure out how to link, I'll link to yours!

 
At Sun Mar 19, 02:31:00 PM PST, Blogger Heidi said...

Hey Tiffy!! Eeey, I'M SOO EXCITED TO SEE YOU ON BLOGSPOT!! :)
MICA

 
At Sun Mar 19, 05:59:00 PM PST, Blogger Tiflissa said...

Hey, Mica!!! I was hoping you'd show up here! I told April you guys were a bad influence on me....Oh, and I posted on the Craigness site! Love ya!

 
At Sat Mar 25, 10:00:00 PM PST, Blogger Heidi said...

Oh, you so don't have to remind me!
Isn't it cool how we have like a million different conversations going on, on all our blogs???

& You know you love him just as much as we do! (*but it's ok for us, we're not married yet, hee hee*)
lol, anyways Love yah!
Bye

 

Post a Comment

<< Home