Monday, July 10, 2006

Perfectionism has GOT to be genetic.

Okay, so who here is a perfectionist because of their parents? *waves hands wildly* Me! My dad I can understand. He's a graphic artist and wants to do his best because his work reflects on the businesses of others. He does tend to get a bit too picky when it comes to said work, however. A typical conversation goes something like this:

Me: Dad, that looks great!
Dad: You think so?
Me: Absolutely!
Dad: I don't know. I feel like it's missing something.
Me: *tears hair out in frustration* Dad. It. Looks. Awesome.

So, yeah. My mother is a perfectionist in a different sense. Any time she discovers that there will be (gasp) people in our house, it gets cleaned. Doesn't sound so bad, you say? For instance. Tomorrow, we're expecting a house full of company for about three days. Hooray!!!! I'm so excited they're coming, since it's literally been years since I've seen them. What I was NOT excited about was the fact that my mom insisted we clean places that haven't seen daylight in the last century. I no longer need to worry about piddly things like spring cleaning.

In all honesty, it wasn't that bad, but my poor mother worries herself to death so much so that Dad and I tried to get her to relax. But she was having none of it. As far as I know, at around 1:00 am last night, she was still going strong. On the plus side, we won't have to clean our house again for the next two weeks!

3 Comments:

At Fri Jul 14, 05:38:00 AM PDT, Blogger Tiflissa said...

Hey! We're having a blast, the only problem is that YOU AREN'T HERE!!!!! :( Woe is me! - Hey, we went swimming in a lake!

 
At Sun Jul 16, 03:28:00 PM PDT, Blogger Heidi said...

Hey had so much fun!
Well, my friend Brittany, has to clean at least something every day. But like a full house cleaning once a week.....drives me crazy because their house looks wonderful.
It's funny because my mom's the opposite, we clean for people of course. But it's definetly Me who freaks out when it's not.....oh until the day I have a place of my own to clean all-the-day!!!
Other ppl's houses don't bother me when they're not clean, but my own does!
Melee, going to the lake? Hooray :)
Mica

 
At Wed Jul 19, 01:23:00 PM PDT, Blogger Tiflissa said...

Hooray for Melee blogging!!! It hasn't been the same without the tag-team of Melee and Mica. Hee. M&M's. Snerk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home